Saturday, November 22, 2008

A House Divided?

Yep, and always will be ;) Aaron is now outnumbered with two for Michigan and one for Ohio State, though, I am sure if Aaron could claim the dog and cat as Ohio State fans he would, just to win, obviously :)

It has always been said - even before Lauren came into our lives - that if we were to have a girl, she would be a Michigan fan and if we were to have a boy, he would be an Ohio State fan. This scenario seemed to be fair enough... until the time came for Lauren to wear her little Michigan cheerleader dress to the "Big Game" at a house where we would be outnumbered and Aaron wanted to renege on our agreement. This was a debate I was not going to back down from and after all was said and done, I won and Lolo got to wear her outfit and was the hit of the party!

And we even took a picture to document the occasion :)

5 comments:

  1. All I have to say is...I'm so happy our entire family wears purple. Go (Northwestern) Wildcats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think just the opposite will happen. If you make a rule so only your girls are allowed to wear Michigan stuff and your boys to wear only OSU stuff, you will probably end up making your girls OSU fans and your boys Michigan fans. The "forbidden" side always looks too tempting...especially when half the family is permitted to wear certain things and the other half isn't.

    Also, why can't all of your kids wear clothes from both OSU and Michigan? I think it's kind of neat that the house is divided--Something to be proud of.

    P.S. Go Boilers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well alls I have to say about that is Lolo might not be too happy with her mommy when she finds out her VERY FIRST OSU / MSU game she HAD to wear blue and gold - and they were MURDERED!!!! yes, I would say that was a bad game for her to 'choose' which side she is going to take.

    Next time, put the grey and scarlet outfit and the other nasty colors and let her pick out which colors SHE wants to ROCK!!!

    I think she will be smart enough to GO WITH DADDY's TEAM!!! =)

    She's still adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture of you three! I love it :)

    Her birth announcements are FAB-U-LOUS! I absolutely love them. It's hanging up on my 'family' picture wall at work. I can't wait to see how much she's grown.

    See you Wednesday around 1:00... does that work??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering when mom will understand that OSU rocks =) I'm sorry for Lauren to have to wear those colors. I think she would look better in red anyways. lol

    ReplyDelete