Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goodbye Babyhood....

Hello Big Girl! Last week I got to experience the grand escape from the crib :( Thinking it was a fluke, I though nothing about changing Lauren's bed from a crib into a toddler bed (don't blame me for wanting to hold on to babyhood a little while longer.) Then, over the weekend, Aaron got to experience it as well, twice! Lauren awoke from her nap and climbed out of her crib, opened her door and proceeded to yell downstairs! Lovely. We had a good laugh and thought nothing about it, until later that evening. After putting Lauren down for bed, she took to her escape route and out of her bed she went, time and time again. I went in to "try" and correct it with no avail. I just threw my hands in the air and said "I'm done with it!" Out came the mattress lift and the mattress went onto the floor, still in the crib. That didn't work either, she still climbed out! I then made a makeshift bed out of blankets on the floor and would just let her sleep there if she got out again. She did, and I found her asleep on her floor a couple of hours later. Toddler bed it is... first thing in the morning because I felt I could deal with it better the next day. I fretted having to make this transition, but really, it was nothing! Lauren loves her toddler bed and for that I am thankful! At least now she can get back into bed when she escapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment