Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ahh!! A small taste of summer weather!


Holy moley! We all wished for the warmer weather of spring but we didn't expect to have the summer-like days so soon! Every chance we get, we are outside running around and playing! I even have Lolo knock on her buddies’ door (next door) to get them to come out and play!

Since the warmer weather has been coming in and out of the area, we have been taking advantage of it! Lolo is one brave little munching because she love, love, loves water and doesn't mind if it is as cold as ice as hose water usually is. She even puts her face right into it and doesn't flinch. I would like to take credit for this because I have never really baby'd her and it doesn't stop when she is in the tub. Since I was a diver in high school and a fish in the summer I felt I couldn't let me little one be afraid of the water. In the bathtub, the water gets poured over her head and she doesn't react, just holds her breath and then shaky-shakes it off! I love this about her. She has recently taken to laying on her belly in the tub, yes, it took 17 months for her to realize she could do it, and she loves it! She even loves to dunk her face into the suds... with or without moms help. I figured she has to learn sometime... and that sometime is now. You bet I will be teaching her how to swim this summer. I taught swimming to the little ones when I was in high school and those lessons stuck with me so I could pass on to my child (ren).







Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pictures!! She is getting so stinkin' big. I LOVE IT! PS - that (ren) part wasn't a hint, was it?

    ReplyDelete