Thursday, May 27, 2010

Crunch-Time

Well... I believe my time as a stay-at-home-mom may be coming to an end. :( After nearly a year and a half of unemployment, I may be returning to work. While the employment front here in Northwest Ohio hasn't really changed, I do have to find something due to unemployment ending.

While being unemployed, I have scoured the help wanted ads in the newspaper and everything under the sun on the internet, with no avail. While I did come across a few things, I was either too qualified for the position or I didn't have enough experience while other positions were only mediocre. It is now down to crunch-time and things do seem to be looking up, slightly. I have an interview later this evening (odd, I know) but I am optimistic about it.

While returning to work is what most SAHM's dread (I know I do) I do understand it needs to be done, financially. Along with being gone at work for 40 hours a week, I am driving myself batty thinking about Lauren. I know that we have her grandparents to help look after her, but I don’t like feeling like I am burdening them by asking. My mom is retired and I know she would watch her for us, but I can’t ask her to drive 25 miles each way all week. We also have Aaron’s wonderful parents that tell me “don’t stress about it, we’ll figure it out” I can’t ask them to put their lives on hold for our sake. Therefore, I think I might try and find her a part-time day care program so she can interact with other children as well as learn to cope without mom always being around (this is another sore subject for me.) This way, I won’t have to ask others to up-root their lives for our sake.

Back to the topic of leaving her: I. AM. SO. NOT. READY. FOR. THIS. I can only imagine that it will freak her out! I mean, it has been Lauren and I everyday, all day, for over a year and half then to just up and leave her all day, she’s going to HATE me! I know I am being over dramatic because women do this day in and day out and they manage, but for me, I’m still processing it.

Anyhow, here’s hoping… Please wish me luck and send prayer’s for my sanity this way.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment