Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Pre-Baby Shower Gift"

This is the furniture that Aaron and I purchased yesterday along with my mom. I originally wanted a dark brown and Aaron, being true to old fashioned form, wanted white, we decided on the dark brown. After extensive searching for dark brown, matching baby furniture – crib and changing table – I couldn’t find ones that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. Finally, I found the best website for matching baby furniture – http://www.simplybabyfurniture.com/ . I would highly recommend this website to anyone looking to decorate a nursery. Anywho, after looking at what they had, I found a crib, but then found out it was a mini-crib! I decided that 26” wide was not going to cut it even if it did turn into a twin sized bed! So the search continued… I then came across a crib at Wal-Mart of places, and I fell in love with it and Aaron fell in love with it (my words). It is what we both wanted; white and chocolate brown, and is absolutely gorgeous! Here it is: Since we are re-doing the “den/office” as the nursery, we have a white lacquer bookshelf in there now, and I am planning on keeping it in there, so the crib is a great addition as is this changing table:
I plan on incorporating chocolate brown baskets into the three openings as well as the same baskets on the bookshelf to complete the look.

Please everyone let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM!!!!! Will you help me pick out furniture for my house? No... FOR REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the crib! I love it is both chocolate and white - really gives you alot of options on your decor and fun stuff! Take care of yourself and baby Lauren! Love AK

    ReplyDelete